School administrators navigate the dynamic complexities and subtleties of their schools every day. They promote, facilitate, and lead efforts to achieve both tangible and intangible results throughout the school community. Their roles are crucial for school and student success. The professional development sessions of the Alabama ASCD Principal Leadership Academy will provide Alabama administrators and leaders with the depth of learning and coaching skills needed to bring the critical functions of leadership to life. Participants will focus on the following topics throughout the year:
- Developing into an instructional leader
- Understanding effective teaching methods and programs
- Aligning instruction to educator effectiveness tools
- Skills and strategies for working with adult learners
- Creating a change plan and manageable yearly process based on a shared and agreed-upon vision
- Preparing and supporting teachers
The 2018-2019 Alabama ASCD Principal Leadership Academy will be a blend of online and face to face experiences, with a virtual kickoff in November. The onsite sessions will take place at the CLAS office in Montgomery, AL for two days in November, two days in February, and one day in May. The remaining virtual sessions will take place in January and April. More details about these sessions can be found in this Leadership Academy Brochure. Check this page often for registration information.