The Emerging Leader Award is presented twice a year to recognize an educator in the first 15 years of his or her career who has shown great leadership in those early roles and the potential to have a strong impact as a leader on a broader scale in the future.
The winner of the Emerging Leader Award for Spring 2018
- Has 15 years of experience in education;
- Has been an elementary teacher and math coach;
- An AMSTI Trainer and Instructional Partner;
- Has worked with teachers and led professional development in several surrounding districts in the south Alabama area;
- Now serves as a district Math Specialist for Enterprise City Schools;
- She has been described by the assistant superintendent as versatile, dedicated, prepared, likable, and dependable.
- Her nominator says she has been “instrumental in the growth and development of teachers and has had a direct impact on the positive student achievement in Enterprise.”
- She is a conscientious and enthusiastic educator.
Nominated by Dr. Teri Prim, Director of Elementary Instruction for Enterprise City Schools, the Spring 2018 AASCD Emerging Leader Award is presented to Ms. Jessica Jeffers, Math Specialist for Enterprise City Schools.